Vibram started in 1935 as an invention of the first rubber soles for high terrain boots by Vitale Bramani. Now it is one of the leading sole manufacturers, creating nearly 34 million soles annually for more than 1000 premium footwear brands worldwide. Some of these brands offered at Peltz Shoes are Merrell, Carolina, Timberland, Sperry Topsider, Vibram 5Fingers and more! For more than 75 Years, Vibram has surpassed many other sole manufacturing companies in creating a quality performance based product.
The FiveFinger concept was created through an idea from Robert Fliri an industrial designer having had a stint as a collegiate runner to create a product to alleviate pain which was the FiveFingers. The FiveFingers where created to balance everyone’s life for, “fitness training, running, water sports, or just for fun,” while allowing to strengthen your lower leg muscles, and feet feet while also decrease injuries.
Vibram boasts 5 reasons you should wear Vibram FiveFingers:
1. Strengthens Muscles in the Feet and Lower Legs—Wearing Vibram FiveFingers will stimulate and strengthen muscles in the feet and lower legs, improving general foot health and reducing the risk of injury.
2. Improves Range of Motion in Ankles, Feet and Toes—No longer ‘cast’ in a shoe, the foot and toes move more naturally.
3. Stimulates Neural Function Important to Balance and Agility—When wearing Vibram FiveFingers, thousands of neurological receptors in the feet send valuable information to the brain, improving balance and agility.
4. Eliminate Heel Lift to Align the Spine and Improve Posture—By lowering the heel, your bodyweight becomes evenly distributed across the footbed, promoting proper posture and spinal alignment.
5. Allow the Foot and Body to Move Naturally—Which just FEELS GOOD.”
The concept is quite a long-stretch for many used to the “normality” of having all your toes together in 1 sock-like mitten, but when we think about it a glove is actually more appealing because you get the free-range motion of all the toes rather than feeling stifled. I’ve got to admit after having tried several of the styles on they take a little getting used to, but when walking around with them they feel comfortable and move with you. These shoes actually keep you connected to the terrain but not in that bad way like when you wear a flip-flop and feel that huge pebble through that ½ inch EVA,.. but I digress.
According to Vibram FiveFingers, ”For some, it is a matter of weeks, for others months, and for a few it could be a year or more. Much is dependent on your foot type, the activities you’re using Vibram FiveFingers for, and the amount of pronation you experience. The progression will ultimately be worth the wait, and your foot and body will be stronger and better off for it. The answer lies in your inherent foot and body bio-mechanics and the condition of your muscles. Just remember, improving the skill of those muscles then practicing and using those muscles in Vibram FiveFingers will increase both endurance and strength. This will have profound beneficial effects on your body and well-being. Listen to your body.”
Peltz Shoes has been serving the Tampa Bay area since 1957. Peltz Shoes provides outstanding, personalized customer service in a non-commissioned atmosphere. Peltz Shoes provides phenomenal footwear at amazing prices for men, women, and children of all ages. Find us at PeltzShoes.com or: